Any institution, corporate or not, which is established for charitable purposes and is subject to the control of the High Court in exercise of the Court’s jurisdiction with respect to charities constituted:
- As a society
- As a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act
- By trust deed
- By a special Act of Parliament
- Institutions of a Public Character (IPCs) are non-profit or not-for-profit organisations. Only those are conferred the approved IPC Status are authorised to issue tax-deductible donations.
- Charities Act (Chapter 37)
- Charities (IPC) Regulations 2007
- Charities (IPC)(Amendment) Regulations 2008
- Charities (Accounts & Audit Report) Regulations
- Societies Act (Chapter 311)
- Societies Regulation
AUDIT AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS REQUIREMENTS
- Charities (Accounts & Audit) Regulations
- 500K externally audited by public accountant
- Submission with 6 months from the end of the financial year (Reg. 16)
- Need auditor to certify compliance of Reg 15 – 30/70 fundraising rule
- Change Auditor once every 5 years, whether to another auditor from the same auditing firm or company
- Review and Presentation of Financial Statements
- Accounting – choice of FRS & CAS
- Appropriateness of accounting policies
More Information on IPC Audit?
Simply fill up the online enquiry form below or give us a quick call at +65 6533 7393; a respective person in charge will reach out to you at the earliest convenience.